Ham Baked in Convection
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Yield: 10 - 20 people
- 1 - 10lb butt end ham
- 1 - cup apricot jam
- 1/4 - cup bourbon
- 1/2 - teaspoon dried mustard powder
- Organize the oven racks so there is enough room for the ham and any side dishes you plan to cook at the same time.
- Place the ham cut side down on a rack in a shallow pan and score the skin of the ham in a diamond pattern with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Let the ham sit outside of the fridge for at least one hour before heating.
- Preheat the oven to Convection Bake 325, when heated place the ham in the oven and set the timer for 1 hour and prepare the finishing glaze.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small pan and let the jam melt over low heat, when melted push the mixture through a mesh strainer and discard any solids.
- Once the ham has cooked for and hour, carefully roll the rack out and brush the ham generously with the glaze.
- Continue cooking for at least another 30 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 150 degrees if using the oven meat probe.
- Allow the ham to rest for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing.
- Plan the cooking of the side dishes to coincide with the serving time of the ham.