Blackberry Peach Shortcake Cobbler
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Yield: 4–6 servings
- 6 peaches, cut into thick slices
- 1 container blackberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 – large egg
- 1 – teaspoon vanilla extract
Cobblers are very easy to assemble and fairly quick to bake. The topping on this cobbler will rise a little, so be sure to leave enough space between racks before heating the oven.
- Preheat the oven to Convection or Convection Bake 350° (rack position 2)
- Combine the fruit & sugar and spread in a 9ʺ round baking dish
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder & salt together.
- Whisk cream, egg & vanilla in a small bowl to blend.
- Add to flour mixture to form soft dough, then drop the dough in mounds over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is a pale golden brown.